YutongZhou_Style_All Included
SACRED WOOD BY BAE, BIEN-U
Sacred Wood is a book showing “how hard can
it be to shoot wood and trees”. I thought was pretty easy of “shooting trees”.
However, later one, I found the picture Bae took was under special conditions.
Firstly, he was using superwide angle + panorama. Well, I did the both job but
finding out it was totally different. Later on, I use the field stacking technic,
and it changed a little bit and I found I was missing fog in the frame. The
next morning, I went to the state park once again and found that there is some
fog in the forest but missing sunshine up in the sky. Therefore, I do think it
is impossible for me to take those pictures unless there is an epic opening fog
around 10 am in the morning. On the other hand, the contrast of the picture
really disappointed me in many ways excepts the first two. Most of his are in
dark tones, with a lot of sharpness and noise, which are all over enhanced I
think. Black and white stands the fog and sunshine out but losing a lot details
in black. The lines of compositions are vivid and magical, and I totally have
no idea where Bienu found those trees or he just blends trees by using
photoshop.
WHITE CUBE BY ELAD LASSRY
White Cube is my favorite one from the
three I picked, however, with my current technics and talents, I found that it
is impossible to mimic his picture by copying his style. The color contrast and
color selects are epic on the modern era, I admit those masterpieces are a full-step
forward to the modern commercial pictures. On the other hand, compositions of
the pictures really stand out for readers, people know where to focus and
Lassry really catches readers’ attentions while making those pictures. For me,
I learned a lot from observing the book “White Cube”. From the personal
perspective, I wish I have a studio later for my photography career, learning
how to use light and contrast to make perfect pictures for modern philosophy.
URBAN LANDSCAPES BY GEORGE TICE
By filming /capturing 1970/80s traditional
American street scene and houses, George Tice created a different monochrome
feeling for the readers who are interested in urban landscapes. Although the
title named urban area, the main aspect of the view was shooting from a small
city/town, readers wouldn’t observe anything really urban like New York City or
Boston. By lowing the contrast of the building, Tice showed a lot of detailed
but not too much over-enhanced post editing on the pictures. On the other hand,
the lines of all his pictures fit very well, that make the entire craft into a
masterpiece of composition. However, the negative of his picture I do think
there is a lack of spirit, that nothing of the architectures really shows
something punches readers’ heart. One thing really interesting which I found
from his later carrier was the focus of his talent, he was trying more on
countryside rather than continuing his urban city adventure.









Comments
Post a Comment